Press Release: San Francisco, August 3, 2015
Xero (@Xero) has today released a new version of its Xero Touch app for Android, redesigned for a beautiful user experience. With the release of Google’s material design standards, Xero’s designers took the opportunity to revisit the entire Android approach and have developed a best-in-class app that will deliver a seamless user experience.
Downloads of the Xero Touch app now number more than 470,000, an increase of 82 percent year-over-year when compared to the same period in 2014.
Xero Touch for Android now offers a simpler, more consistent experience, and it’s faster than ever to input data. Uniform layouts, typography and spacing throughout the app – and with other apps that take advantage of Google’s new standards – provide an even more beautiful experience for Xero customers.
The app’s user-centric design gives small business owners greater control, with consistency, simplicity and uniquely revised features, including:
- A dashboard providing a summary of bank account information, the state of invoices and receipts.
- Easy access menu links to Invoices, Receipts, Contacts, Files and more.
- Enabling bank reconciliation on the go so business owners to check their accounts and reconcile them anywhere, any time.
- Easy expense and receipt management so businesses can claim personal expenses and track business receipts to keep records always up to date. Simply take a photo and claim the expense on the spot – no more lost pieces of paper.
- Creating new invoices, chasing overdue invoices, or invoicing customers on the spot, or on the road.
- Gain quick access to your customer and inventory information, making it faster and more accurate to invoice your customers when the job’s done.
- Contact information is updated in real-time and always available via the cloud, ensuring businesses have the latest updates when they call or email contacts from within the app.
- All records in one place so they can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
Xero Touch on Android is used by Xero’s mobile small business owners and accounting providers worldwide, enabling them to create and send invoices, add receipts, and create expense claims anytime, anywhere. Xero Touch for Android even integrates with Google Maps in case users need to visit a client or send them an invoice. Xero is making it easier for small businesses to invoice their customers and capture receipts, thus speeding up the process for them to get paid faster. Globally, businesses using Xero are getting paid 24 days after invoicing their customers, down from 54 days in 2011.
Xero is continually introducing new features to its core online accounting solution and has now released over 1,000 product updates in just 18 months. With over 600 of these updates occurring in 2015 alone, Xero’s speed of innovation continues to accelerate at a breakneck pace. Every one of these updates was implemented to assist advisors in serving their clients and to give small businesses better control of their finances.