TSheets, the #1 rated and requested time tracking App, will apparently use the Web Connector to continue servicing their QuickBooks Desktop Clients after the demise of the Intuit Sync Manager. In both an email blast issued by the company yesterday on feature updates, and in a recent article, TSheets will make use of Web Connector so that the TSheets app can interact with QuickBooks Desktop directly (effectively bypassing the cloud and the need for the Sync Manager). In fact they have "already" begun the process of transitioning their existing QuickBooks Desktop clients to the Web Connector methodology, thus shifting them away from Sync Manager.
TSheets is also advising their clients of a couple of important points prior to switching to the Web Connector methodology.
- If you have a different form of the QB Integration installed, you’ll need to uninstall it before you install the new version.
- Any assignments they’ve previously created for customers, job codes, custom fields or payroll item mapping (including custom mapping) will need to be redone. And if they’ve deleted any of those items in the past, they will reappear after the switch.
TSheets explains the process of switching using the following 3 steps:
1. Open the QuickBooks company file you plan on syncing.
2. Log in to your TSheets account, navigate to “Company Settings” and click “Add-Ons.” Locate “QuickBooks Integration” and click “Install.” (You’ll be prompted to download Web Connector from this window as well. If you already have Web Connector on your computer, this will ensure you have the latest version.)
3. From there, follow along with the QuickBooks Integration Wizard in TSheets. It’s that easy! But if you need assistance, the TSheets Customer Experience team can help you through the process.
TSheets explains the why and the how of switching, as well as provides a short video on the process, at this website.
(All I can say, with respect to the fact that the #1 Timekeeping App is returning to the Web Connector as the methodology to keep their clients connected without Sync Manager - "I told you so." Murph)