Since it first launched on the QuickBooks Apps.com website in 2012, TSheets has become one of our favorite time keeping apps. Currently, the app has received more than 2,000 5-star customer reviews, and has a ProAdvisor Partner network of over 8,000 members.
During QuickBooks Connect in San Jose, Calif., Intuit announced a deeper integration with QuickBooks Online that will provide small businesses with the ability for TSheets scheduling, time approval and employee management without ever leaving QBO.
The new features create an experience where managers can process payroll quickly and accurately, leveraging the power of TSheets time tracking and QuickBooks Online Payroll in ways that have never been available before
“Seventy percent of small businesses have hourly workers," said Vinay Pai, VP and head of the Intuit Developer Group. "Together, with TSheets, we built an integrated solution with our customers in mind – to give them a one-stop-shop for their time tracking, payroll and accounting needs. As a result, we are helping small business owners save significant time managing hourly employees, simplify payroll and ensure that their accounting is done.”
TSheets time-tracking and scheduling, integrated with QuickBooks payroll integration, will offer users these great features:
- Simplified solution to schedule jobs – Business owners can plan and assign jobs, shifts and projects easily. Employees are notified when a shift changes and a shift is about to begin.
- Flexible clock-in capabilities – Employees can view their schedule and clock in via mobile web, Twitter, kiosk, dial-in and text messaging.
- Real-time tracking and monitoring – Managers can see who is working, what they are working on, and how long and where they are working from – anywhere in the world. They also can proactively manage labor costs, as needed.
- Real-time project overview – Once any project is completed, managers will receive a project overview in real-time. When payday arrives, managers only have to review and approve the hours worked.
- One-click payroll – Managers will never have to leave QuickBooks to track employees and run payroll, including automatically breaking out overtime and paid time off (PTO).
- Automatic invoicing and payment capabilities – Labor hours from time tracked flows seamlessly into QuickBooks Online, eliminating the need for double entry.
“Small business owners can spend up to four hours managing payroll,” said Matt Rissell, CEO of TSheets. “By leveraging the seamless technology between TSheets and QuickBooks Online, we can help reduce that task to just a few minutes and give them back valuable time that they can reinvest in their business.”
The offering is particularly crucial with the new FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) regulations, which take effect Dec. 1. At least 4.2 million employees nationwide will be affected, and the enhanced integration will help thousands of businesses track and manage employee hours by automatically splitting overtime and PTO when timesheets are synced from TSheets to QuickBooks Online.
TSheets is the only time tracking and scheduling solution that has an in-product integration within QBO.
You never have to leave QBO to manage your employees time or to approve and send timesheets to payroll, so let’s take a look at this deeper, streamlined integration:
Main dashboard in QBO
Typically, you would have to leave QuickBooks and go to TSheets to manage, approve and export time, then come back to QBO to process payroll. Not anymore.
Now within QBO, you'll find a new Approve Time option under the Employees menu:
New Approve Time Feature Access
This is a major workflow improvement and creates a seamless user experience. From this new window, you can manage and approve employee time for payroll and invoicing:
New Approve Time Window
This integration blurs the lines from knowing when you stop using QBO and are using TSheets, and when you stop using TSheets and are back using QBO. In reality, you're actually using TSheets functionality, but it looks and feels like you're still in QBO.
All employee time easily can be reviewed prior to running payroll or generating an invoice:
Employee Time Approval
You can even edit a TSheets timesheet when you need to, still within QBO:
Edit TSheets timesheet within QBO
Once you have reviewed and approved time, you can choose to use the approved time for either payroll purposes or invoicing by making a selection in the bottom right of the window:
So, when you accept the time for payroll processing, you're now ready to run your payroll. It's just that easy, because you're actually back in QBO, even though it felt like you had never left.
Process Time Options
TSheets not only solves the problem of manual time entry for payroll and invoicing, but this new integration significantly will reduce the time it takes to go from time data to payroll checks.