Intuit has started introducing Release 6 for QuickBooks Enterprise 15 (2015) containing some needed feature enhancements and several bug fixes. Be looking for the following:
"Fixed" - First for the Bug Fixes:
- Performance improved in Multi-user mode for users with lengthy Item or Customer lists when editing those list items. (I wish I knew more about the specifics of this, but I don't, at least not yet.)
- Invoice item with only a description is now saved without a qty (not with a 0.0 qty)
- Negative Quantity on Hand warning message will appear even when adding an item to a sales order by using the ‘Find and Select’ feature
- The Full Access user role can now be properly selected from the Role List
- Ability to save inventory transfers with Site and Bin locations turned on
- Lot numbers are now correctly updated when changing items on a transaction
- The correct Quantity-on-Hand is now displayed per Site when building Assembly Items
- The Zero Amount Items dialog displays appropriately (no longer displayed on subtotal items)
- Pending, but unsaved, build assemblies are now reported as if the assembly was pending and saved.
- Any Subtotal amount inside a Group will now total correctly.
- Advanced Pricing rules based on a deleted Sales Rep, Customer, Item, Customer Type, or Job Type are no longer deleted after rebuilding the company file. (This is a 'big fix', it has caused one problem after another for some time.)
What I don't see in this list is anything to do with 'memory management' and known problems associated with problems like 'memory leaks' that continue to plague QuickBooks Enterprise.
"Improved" - Enhanced Shortage Report
The Individual Assembly Shortage report has been improved to display additional information per item like quantity on Sales Order, quantity for Other Assemblies, quantity Available, quantity on Purchase Order, and Next Delivery Date.
"New" - Multiply by Quantity in Cost and Custom Field Columns
Transactions now have a new option to multiply the Cost and numerical Custom Field columns by the quantity of items. This represents a major enhancement, especially for wholesalers and retailers who need to deal with weights and measures.
"Enhanced" - Find and Select Items While Building Estimate
This enhancement makes estimates easier to work with by adding the Find and Select Items feature within the Estimate. Makes it faster to build an estimate by finding the correct items without having to pick from your entire inventory.
"Updated" - Tax Tables for 2015
When used in conjunction with QuickBooks Payroll.
Many of the tools that have been available only within 'Accountant versions' of QuickBooks Enterprise are now being made available in non-accountant versions. I bet ProAdvisor users will 'love that'!
- Reclassify Transactions in Batch - If you use class tracking, you can quickly fix these transactions using batch reclassification.
- Write Off Invoices - Write off an outstanding invoice as a bad debt.
- Period Copy Lets You Segment Your Books by Time - This tool lets you make a focused copy of your data file.
- Troubleshoot Prior Account Balances – Allows users to troubleshoot prior account balances in order to find account discrepancies.
- Review List Changes – Quickly determine what has been added, changed, deleted, etc. in the Chart of Accounts, Items, Fixed Assets, and Payroll Items lists (if Payroll is enabled)
- Fix Unapplied Customer Payments and Credits – Link payments and credits for open invoices
- Clear Up Undeposited Funds – Reassign undeposited funds to any incorrectly created deposit transactions
- Fix Unapplied Vendor Payments and Credits – Link vendor credits or bill payments to an open vendor bill
- Working Trial Balance – View and adjust a working trial balance and complete end of period tasks
- Starter Copy – Create a new company file from an existing company file and retain the chart of accounts, memorized reports, and non-proprietary preferences
- Compare Balance Sheet and Inventory Valuation (when inventory is enabled) – Compare the balance sheet inventory asset account and the inventory valuation summary
- Troubleshoot Inventory (when inventory is enabled) – View and analyze inventory items inventory to identify erroneous items
- Fix Incorrectly Recorded Sales Tax (available when sales tax is enabled in US product versions only) – Correct improperly paid sales tax payments
- Fix Incorrect Payroll Liabilities (when payroll is enabled) - identify and fix payroll liabilities that were improperly paid using a regular check.
QuickBooks Advanced Reporting Improvements
1) Two new report templates to get more out of the Advanced Reporting feature:
- Item Sales Forecasting report - See the total sales amounts for the past 90 days along with year-over-year growth and the forecast for future sales based on historical data.
- Sales Profitability Dashboard - See the stats for your daily, monthly, and yearly sales including costs of products and services, cost of goods sold, and gross profit per day. Also shows days remaining and elapsed working days for the year.
2) Updated help site
- Has a new look and feel
- Contains new content including two tutorial videos: "Using List Boxes to see information in your report", and "Understanding the Expression syntax."
3) Refreshed visual design:
- All template reports now come with descriptions making it easier for the user to choose which template report they need.
- The Template Report Library has an updated design to make it easier to use.
- New icons are intended to help you easily differentiate between the QuickBooks window and the Advanced Reporting window.
4) New Linked Transactions Table - This new table allows you to report on transactions that relate to each other within the same report. For example, see all invoices paid by a single payment or when invoices were paid in full.
5) Improved Quality and Data Logging:
- Users who have transactions with more than 1000 line items can now use Advanced Reporting.
- The log now shows the names of tables that have loaded. If there’s a problem in any table, then Intuit Support personnel can see the last table that loaded, providing an easier and more efficient way to resolve the problem.
The release will be available for Manual Update very soon, and should then be released to Automatic Update within a week to 10 days.
As always, caution should be exercised in accepting and/or installing any new Release update.
Source: Intuit, QuickBooks Enterprise 15 - R6 Release Notes