The My Chart of Accounts Utility permits you to edit or add to QuickBooks Accounts easily and quickly.
Have you ever needed to update multiple fields of information within your Chart of Accounts easily? While QuickBooks offers the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries feature for several QuickBooks lists, the Chart of Accounts is not one of those lists. This means that you must open each Account from the Chart of Accounts list if you need to make any edits or changes, until now. The solution is the My Chart of Accounts Utility by JR Consulting.
It’s easy to add or edit multiple General Ledger Accounts in QuickBooks quickly and easily using the My Chart of Accounts Utility! You can make major updates to your Chart of Accounts working in a spreadsheet-style grid. You no longer have to double click on each Account and edit them one by one! You can change multiple Account fields on multiple accounts and then send ALL your changes back to QuickBooks with one just click.
The My Chart of Accounts Utility lets you edit Active Status, Account Number, Name, Description, Bank Account Number and Account Type, for any existing Account in QuickBooks. You can also setup new Accounts in with one click.
Simple to Use:
- Step 1- Connect to your QuickBooks file - just open QuickBooks and click Connect in the My Chart of Accounts Utility. The utility will show you your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts List
- Step 2- Work with your account list as if it was in a spreadsheet - You can work with your account list as if it was in a spreadsheet, simply make your changes and setup the general ledger accounts the way you want them.
- Step 3- Update QuickBooks with your changes in one click. You can also use the utility to create new accounts in QuickBooks.
- View and Edit any QuickBooks Chart of Accounts in a spreadsheet-style format
- Editable Account fields: Active Status, Account Number, Name, Description, Bank Account Number and Account Type
- Update QuickBooks with your changes at the click of your mouse
- Setup multiple new Accounts in one step
- Copy/Paste your Chart of Accounts to/from another application
- Easy to learn and use
- Inexpensive - $39.95
The My Chart of Accounts utility works with QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise versions (2007 and newer). After the initial connection, which requires QuickBooks to be in Admin Single-user mode to authorize access by the utility, any changes and updates to the QuickBooks Chart of Accounts can be performed in multi-user mode.
A Short Case Study
I set-up a QuickBooks file with about 300 accounts, in order to facilitate the import of significant amounts of information, I set up all of these accounts as ‘bank accounts’ initially in order to eliminate importation restrictions and conditions. After all the import work was finished, I needed to change every account type from ‘bank’ to the appropriate type, using this utility it took me less than 20 minutes to accomplish the changes. I conservatively estimate if I had to manually edit each account it probably would have taken a minimum of one-and-a-half hours.
The My Chart of Accounts Utility works well. It is simple to use and very economical. I like this product and happily recommend it to any ProAdvisor or Accounting professional needing to perform major updates to the Chart of Accounts in a QuickBooks file.