Search for Xero is a new feature that improves the workflow and experience of accounting for accountants, bookkeepers, and small business owners. Available from any screen within the app, Search improves workflow and saves time for the 600,000+ small businesses and thousands of bookkeepers and accountants that use Xero to thrive.
Angus Norton, Chief Product Officer at Xero said, “Search for Xero really changes the game in terms of how people manage their finances, faster and more efficiently. Search is an action we do every day and take for granted. It will not only change how users find information, but how they move around the app as well. It will save hours of productivity for our users and we’re incredibly proud that features like this can have a huge impact on the productivity of the small business economy.”
The new functionality allows searching across both transactions and contacts from a single search field. Search results are dynamically displayed and provide you with a snapshot of the information you need, without leaving the screen you're on. Here is a link to see a video of the new Search for Xero feature.
Using this new search feature Xero users can now:
- Find contacts and transactions in Xero, from anywhere. Search across all contacts and transactions to find the required information, from anywhere within the Xero application.
- Quick navigation within Xero. Keyboard shortcuts let users move around Xero at speed, letting you get more done in less time.
- Add information quickly. In addition to locating existing records, it’s easy to add new records from anywhere with just one click. Xero makes it easy to keep moving, increasing productivity.
- Instantly search for contacts and transactions, view dynamic search results, directly navigation to frequently accessed pages, and quickly add a new contact, invoice, bill, quote, or purchase order. All at speed.
- Accountants, bookkeepers and advisors can improve efficiency by being able to search records quickly from anywhere, hours of time can be saved. This new form of task-driven navigation results in increased profitability and more time spent adding value in other ways.
Craig Walker, Chief Technology Officer at Xero said, “Today’s launch of Search for Xero will save advisors hours each week in their workflow, adding to profitability and quality of service. This feature will positively change the working lives of small businesses and their advisors.”
Xero is the only cloud accounting software with search available across its entire platform and all of a business’ financial records. Xero’s cloud platform is transform the way accountants, bookkeepers and users all think about their accounting software. Xero’s continuous efforts in development and deployment of features has seen 40 new enhancements, including payroll functionality for 15 U.S states within the last six months. Xero has also just implemented Two-Step Authentication, an additional layer of security for all Xero customers that helps ensure accounts are not compromised by phishing scams or malware.