Password Reset Validation
Newer versions of QuickBooks offer an 'in-product' password reset utility streamlining the process of setting a new Administrator Password in the event you forget it. To use this utility follow these steps:
1. In the Password window, click I forgot my password link.
2. In the Password Challenge window, click the I forgot my answer link.
3. QuickBooks opens the Reset Administrator Password Window; in the fields provided, enter your information provided when QuickBooks was first registered, including your QuickBooks license number, Name (First and Last), Email address, Business telephone number, and Business address Zip code. This information will be validated with the information on file at Intuit.
4. Click the Next button.
If the information matches, you will be sent an email with a Password Reset code (or access token).
5. Enter the Password Reset code (or access token) and click the Next button. I recommend that you copy the code from the email and paste it into the appropriate field. If you submit an invalid code, you will have to start the entire process over.
6. When prompted, enter your new password in the New Password field and then enter it again in the Confirm New Password field.
7. Click the Challenge Question drop-down and select a Challenge Question. Enter your Answer in the Answer field.
8. Click Ok.
Within a few moments, QuickBooks resets the Administrator Password and prompts you to enter it as part of a normal log-in. You can either retain the new password, or change it normally after QuickBooks opens. If Credit Card Protections are in-force, you will normally be prompted to change the Password again using the standard process for changing the password under the Admin login.