Intuit has announced the top ten finalists in its Small Business Big Game program, a competition that will award one small business a commercial during pro football’s biggest game of the year. Chosen from over 15,000 submissions on Own It: A Small Business Network, these finalists hail from across the country and represent the spirit of the American small business.
The finalists were selected by an internal panel of judges at Intuit, based on the owners’ passion for their small business, as well as their authenticity, public representation and other entrepreneurial benchmarks that align with QuickBooks’ commitment to small business success. The finalists include:
- AnaOno of Philadelphia: Creates intimates and lifestyle collections that make women who've undergone breast reconstructive surgery feel beautiful, confident and proud.
- Chubbies Shorts of San Francisco: Produces comfortable, flexible shorts with a commitment to American manufacturing and inclusivity.
- Death Wish Coffee Company of Round Lake, N.Y.: Roasts and packs what some might call the world's strongest coffee, using a unique blend of beans from around the world.
- EZPZ of Parker, Colo.: Offers an all-in-one place-mat and plate that suctions to the table, capturing kids’ messes and eliminating tipped bowls and plates.
- FreshPaper of Washington, D.C.: Keeps food fresh with organic spice-infused sheets made in the U.S., taking on global food waste, starting at home.
- G Mommas Cookies of Selma, Ala.: Makes grandma-inspired, southern-style cookies using real butter and real ingredients.
- Sword & Plough of Denver: Re-purposes military surplus into fashionable bags and accessories, employing veterans and donating 10 percent of profits to veteran organizations.
- Unshrinkit of Boston: Helps restore wool clothing that shrunk in the washer or dryer with a patent-pending emergency sweater saver product.
- Vidler’s 5 & 10 of East Aurora, N.Y.: Provides a one-of-a-kind customer experience and wide variety of merchandise in one of the largest five-and-dime stores in the world.
- WiggleKids Inc. of Swansea, Mass.: Generates opportunities for those of all ages and abilities to keep their brain and body active and healthy in an inclusive fitness studio.
Now, through November 3, 2015 the world can vote on their favorite business through the Small Business Big Game site. The top three finalists will be announced at Intuit’s second annual QuickBooks Connect conference in San Jose, Calif. All 10 finalists and their accountants will attend the conference, where they’ll get connected, educated and inspired by a compelling speaker lineup and thousands of business owners, entrepreneurs, accountants and developers in attendance.