Will Engish, the “QBPOS Master” himself, will take you into the depths of QB Point-of-sale, in this five class series, making even the greatest of complexities seem like “child’s play”.
QuickBooks Point-of-sale: Diving to the Depths
Will Engish, the “QBPOS Master” himself, takes you into the depths of QB Point-of-sale, in this five class series, making even the greatest of complexities seem like “child’s play”.
QBPOS Multi-Store (Session 1)
Will English will teach you how multi-store works, and instruct you in best practices for implementation and other important strategies including:
- Activities by store type
- Special Order items
- Understanding Store Exchange, including options for exchange
- Configuring the Initial Exchanges between Stores
- Conducting and Automating Routine Store Exchanges, and
- Troubleshooting Store Exchange problems
QBPOS Working with Physical Inventories (Session 2)
While conducting a physical inventory may seem complex and time consuming, it is a crucial part of running any ‘inventory based’ business (retail, warehouse, etc.). Will English will help you gain an understanding of both the big picture, as well as the intricate and subtle details, of how the ‘physical inventory’ process should be managed in QB Point-of-sale. Topics covered will include:
- Physical Inventory Methods
- Advanced Planning and Preparation for a Physical Inventory
- Adding Counts to QB Point-of-sale by Hand
- Using a Physical Inventory Scanner with QB Point-of-sale, and a
- Discussion of the Posting Implications of physical inventories to QB Point-of-sale
QBPOS and Sales Tax (Session 3)
Will English will instruct you in how the sales tax features within QB Point-of-sale can be deployed, as well as key points in evaluating the underlying sales tax reporting both in QBPOS and QuickBooks ‘financial’ software.
QBPOS – Tips, Tricks and Practice Strategies (Session 4)
Through a combination of instructor led discussion and audience participation, this class will outline a handful of time saving and useful processes and procedures not otherwise well addressed by QB Point-of-sale. Topics include:
- Tricky transactions during financial exchange
- Commonly requested but hard to produce reports
- Repurposing QBPOS features for unintended functionality
- Participants will also be asked to share their own unique situations or ideas.
QBPOS – End to End Accounting Integration (Session 5)
Will English will cover the how and why things post from QBPOS to QB financial software they way they do, with a general explanation of how the data should look, and what to do with it, once it reaches the target software. He will also cover causes of out of balance situations between the two software systems. Topics include:
- How the Sync occurs
- Account mapping and options
- How QBPOS transactions post in QB financial
- QBPOS entries that impact QB financial data, and what to do with them; and
- Causes of inventory, and other, valuation discrepancies between QBPOS and QB financial
“Will English is the smartest QB-POS guy I know….” (Murph)
Will English, owner of English Management Solutions, Inc., has over twenty years of helping small businesses, retailers and non-profits manage their finances. Will has been using and supporting QuickBooks for over 15 years; he was hired by Intuit as one of their first accounting trained technical support representatives. Will has been installing, training and supporting QuickBooks Point of Sale since version 2.1 and is a founding member of the Retail Solution Provider program and has won numerous sales and service awards in that program until it’s merger into the Intuit Premier Reseller Program. He has been active in training and supporting both retail customers and other Point of Sale ProAdvisors.