Every business needs a Business Plan; do you have yours? If not, you will by the time this Workshop is completed.
Business Planning Workshop
This is a 3-part session instructed by J. Victor Nahigian.
In this powerful, hands on workshop, you will enter the class with a blank Word document and leave with an established business plan specific to your firm and especially tailored for the QuickBooks ProAdvisor and accounting professional. Topics covered in this course include:
- Introduction to a Business Plan
- Sample Complete Business Plan
- Discussion concerning the 10 main sections
- Practice exercise about ‘who’ you are and what ‘your’ company does
- Development of a precise company overview
- Marketing Plan
- Review the “Made to Stick” book
- Discuss a precise plan, including specifics
- Review where to get marketing reports
- Discussion of demographics, competitors, etc.
- Completion of your marketing plan
- Essential Financial Statements
- How to forecast sales
- Create a customized commissions program
- Calculate labor hours and service sales
- Review overhead costs
- Determine what the “owner’s Cash-flow” is
- Finalize Cash-flow, Income Statements and Balance Sheet
- Design an Executive Overview
- Summarize Company goals
- Prepare and finalize your Company’s Mission Statement
- Compose the Executive Overview
- Detail your exit strategy
- Finalize your Business Plan
J. Victor Nahigian is the founder and CEO of Systems Analysis Services Inc., based in Newton, Mass. Since 1977, his company has provided desktop, server, infrastructure, security, security, web design and general computer services to businesses from $5million to $1billion.
Nahigian’s background in computers started at a young age and by high school, he had already written several books and won national and regional programming contests. He started his own business in 1974 at the age of 16, and, without an accounting degree he wrote the software program General Business Systems (GBS), with virtually the same function as QuickBooks. With focus on sales and support, GBS has made Systems Analysis a leading reseller for Wang Laboratories, IBM, and Hewlett Packard. GBS is still used by many Fortune 500 companies.
Nahigian served as a instructor (during the 1980s) for Northeastern University and pioneered the Continuing Education Classes in Computer Sciences. He also was the one of the first coaches in “Coaching for Leadership and teamwork”. Nahigian is active with Babson College in evaluating and grading business plans for Babson College graduate program
Nahigian dual majored in Business Management, Technology and Society with a minor in Accounting while getting a Bachelor of Science in Business at Babson College. He also holds a degree as a “Lecturer” from North Eastern University in 1982. Nahigian additionally holds several certifications from Microsoft, IBM, Novell, SCO, and advanced certifications from Intuit. In 2006 Nahigian was invited to the Intuit advisory board and in 2008 was an Intuit Sales Achievement Award Winner.