We have all experienced “a breakdown in communication” at one time or another from both sides of the Communication Barrier – when we are the “sender” and when we are on the receiving end. And we all know that good communication skills are essential to success in both our professional and personal lives, whether the format is one-on-one or in a group setting.
This year at Scaling New Heights we are offering a variety of sessions designed to help you break down the communication barriers in your professional life. We have focused on five different areas: making sales presentations, presenting to groups, networking with peers, communicating with your clients and connecting online.
Here are the highlights:
- “Elements of a Winning Sales Presentation” covers the essential components that make a sales presentation more effective. This session is conducted in a “Show and Tell” format that will delight as well as enlighten.
- Whether your presentation is in front of a large group in a formal setting or a small group in a board meeting, “The Art of Developing Your Authentic Presentation Style” will assist you in the process of defining your own genuine speaking style. In this entertaining and informative session, several of our superstar instructors will demonstrate their unique presentation styles while giving you some of their best speaking tips.
- “Speaker Faux Pas” will take a humorous look at common mistakes speakers make. You won’t want to miss our “actors / speakers” as they perform “what not to do” when making a presentation.
- Believe it or not, networking is a learned skill, not some innate, magical gift reserved for the extroverted, “popular people.” Regardless of your previous networking experience and current comfort level, you will find the interactive session, “Secrets of Master Networkers,” to be a fun way to acquire the tools that can help you make the most of the potential relationships you can build in a networking setting, whether that is at Scaling New Heights or at your local Chamber of Commerce meetings.
- In “Speak Greek to Business Owners,” you will learn how to cross the communication barrier between you and your clients and change the nature of your relationship to one of a valued and strategic partnership.
- In the last decade, communication through online channels has grown explosively. While it has incredible potential, it also brings with it special challenges. Be sure to attend the series on “Building Online Communities” for practical steps you can take and valuable insights into both the opportunities and special requirements of communicating in this brave new world. The three sessions include topics on Social Media, Getting Published and Online Videos with a fourth session to wrap up the series with a discussion of case studies.
In addition to these specialized sessions, many other sessions contain nuggets of communication gold, such as the “Epic ProAdvisor” and “Epic Firm” series, “The Impactful Leader” and “Growing from Solopreneur to Employer.”
For more information on these (and other) sessions offered at Scaling New Heights in Atlantis, click here.
Stay tuned for more “behind-the-scenes” looks at breaking down barriers to building and enhancing “The Epic Practice.”
Carol is a CPA with an accounting degree from Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida. She is a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor (QB Online, QB Desktop and QB Enterprise Solutions). Carol has worked in the accounting software consulting and training field for more than 18 years and is a certified trainer for multiple accounting software products including Microsoft, Crystal Reports and F9 (a financial report writer). For 10 of those 18 years, Carol spend about 75% of her time training on accounting and accounting technology, and she developed numerous software user guides, as well as curricula for many different courses. In 2011 she joined Woodard Consulting, providing services that included software integration, financial statement analysis, and customization and development of applications in Method. In early 2014, Carol accepted a position with Woodard Events as Manager of Accountant Education and Training, allowing her to return to her first love - training accounting professionals.