Intuit, the makers of business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals has announced that QuickBooks Connect is returning to San Jose, Calif., with notable names joining the main stage lineup, including The Honest Company’s Jessica Alba, founder and chief creative officer, and Brian Lee, co-founder and chief executive officer, as well as Sekou Andrews (known as "the Poetic Voice") an entrepreneur and poetic motivational speaker. Intuit QuickBooks will present these and other speakers with the goal of inspiring attendees and sharing lessons for small business success. Register at www.QuickBooksConnect.com.
Taking place November 2-4, 2015 QuickBooks Connect will unite thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses, accountants and developers under one roof to get connected, educated and inspired via hands-on breakout sessions, engaging main stage presentations and unique networking opportunities. Building on the success of last year’s event, QuickBooks Connect will feature a dynamic agenda and experience designed to help attendees’ businesses grow and succeed. Alba, Lee, Andrews and others yet to be announced will speak on Nov. 3 during the main stage event.
Speakers’ Diverse Backgrounds
The headline speakers come from diverse, inspirational backgrounds, bringing unique lessons intended to benefit and delight attendees as part of their experience at QuickBooks Connect:
- Alba launched The Honest Company in 2012 with a mission to inspire and empower people to live a healthy life. Since its inception, the company has seen exponential growth and is currently valued at $1 billion. Alba was recently featured on the cover of Forbes’ America’s Richest Self-made Women issue, and has been instrumental in the company’s vision and growth to date. She was also among the top 20 of Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative People in Business, one of CNBC’s Next List of Rebels, Leaders and Innovators and one of Fortune’s 10 Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs.
- Lee, The Honest Company’s chief executive officer and co-founder, leads the company alongside Alba. He previously co-founded LegalZoom, the nation’s leading provider of personalized, online legal solutions and documents for small business owners and families, and launched ShoeDazzle, the first monthly fashion service to bring a personalized boutique experience to shoe addicts and style fanatics everywhere.
- Andrews has been called “the de-facto poet laureate of corporate America.” In his unique style, he plans to inspire attendees through a powerful presentation that will give a voice to all attending small businesses. His work has been featured on ABC World News, MSNBC, HBO and Good Morning America, and he’s performed privately for Maya Angelou, Hillary Clinton and Coretta Scott King.
Uniquely Targeted Breakout Sessions
In addition to the main stage presentations, this year’s conference will feature three tracks targeted at fueling success for small businesses, including entrepreneurs and self-employed workers, accountants and developers. These tracks include:
- Small Businesses, entrepreneurs and self-employed: Make dreams a reality with resources that take their businesses to the next level. Specific sessions will allow them to network with successful startup founders, venture capitalist leaders and more, equipping them with personalized advice and immediate next steps.
- Accounting professionals: Participate in hands-on training and carefully designed breakout sessions that will challenge attendees to go further, think differently and embrace the cloud to deliver increased value to their clients and strengthen their roles as highly valued and trusted advisors.
- Developers: Learn how to build and support small business apps, receive the resources and tools they need to create value-added services and simultaneously be exposed to businesses and accountants who need their help and expertise.
“This year’s QuickBooks Connect will continue the foundation set from last year’s inspiring event – forging networks and connections that will help attendees achieve success across their businesses and professional lives,” said Dan Wernikoff, senior vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Small Business Group. “Our goal is to continue to bring people together from all walks of life and economic situations to inspire, educate and connect them in an environment tailored for their growth.”
The full QuickBooks Connect schedule can be found at www.QuickbooksConnect.com, and includes accounting workshops and QuickBooks Online certification training, a developer hackathon and a special session on design-driven thinking.
To take advantage of the $99 early bird rate for a November 3rd main event pass, attendees must register by August 1st. A full three-day pass, good for all accountant certification preparation courses, over 35 breakout sessions and an accountant-focused kickoff event on November 2nd, is $399 until August 1st. Developers and others interested in multi-day passes should visit www.QuickBooksConnect.com for details and pricing.