A reader writes in to ask: "I have 2 different QB-POS 2013 workstations set-up, each with its own cash drawer, but when I run my end-of-day Z-Out Drawer Count report on Workstation # 1 it shows that I am short the sales on Workstation # 2. If I run the same report on Workstation # 2 it shows that I am short the sales from Workstation # 1. What’s wrong with these reports? Why am I getting both cash drawers combined on each workstation's Z-out report?"
The Z-out cash drawer reports for each workstation have not been 'modified' to report for only their own unique 'workstation number' (and only that workstation number). This frequently happens on new installations of multiple workstations, or where you add a 2nd workstation to an existing single-workstation installation. This is a simple fix.
1) Run a Z-Out Cash Drawer report from the 'reports' menu of Workstation # 1, when the report appears select the option to Modify the Report. Select the Filter Data option.
2) Under the Workstation filter, select Workstation # 1, make sure to select ONLY 'Workstation # 1', then Save your changes and the report.
3) Re-run the report and verify that it is displaying the correct information.
4) If the wrong workstation is displaying, or you are not sure which 'workstation' is actually numbered what, you can see each workstation’s number from the workstation preferences.
5) Now repeat the 'cure' procedure for the 2nd workstation.
In the future, each time you run the Z-Out Drawer Count report it should be set properly for only that specific workstation and the report should display the correct cash drawer counts.