A QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll user writes in to ask what they should do when they receive an ‘approved printer font (specific font) is not installed’ message while attempting to print a payroll form in QuickBooks.
This problem results when the QuickBooks Payroll program cannot find the necessary printer font installed on your Windows computer. To resolve this problem follow these steps:
1 Click the Start Icon
2 Select Control Panel
3 Double-click on the Font folder.
4 Follow instructions for your specific Windows Operating System:
- Click File and select Install new font.
- Navigate to the c:\Windows\font folder, then select the font from the error message.
- Press OK.
Windows 7 or 8:
- Click Organize and go to Layout.
- Select Menu Bar.
- Navigate to the font from the error message.
- Right-click the font to install and click Install.
Note: If the needed font is not already available in the Windows font library it may be necessary for you to download the needed font from a software program, the Internet, or your organization's network. Before you download a font, make sure you trust the source.