This course teaches multiple facets of payroll, expanding upon the basics to more complex areas such as fringe benefits, taxation and garnishments. If you are new to payroll, you will acquire the skills and knowledge needed to process payroll with confidence. Topics covered in this class include:
- Review of payroll set-up including compensation, benefits, and payroll schedules.
- Review of employee set-up and status (active, inactive and terminated)
- How to handle Garnishments, Mileage and other special deductions and additions
- Tracking Company Paid Benefits on the W2
- Entering YTD payroll information
- Balancing payroll data for Assisted Payroll Clients
- Using Timesheets to feed payroll data
- Setting up and editing multiple payroll schedules
- Preparing Certified Payroll Reports
- Vacation and Sick time Accruals - by year, paycheck or hour worked
- Using Direct Deposit for paychecks
- Processing 'unscheduled' payrolls
Beverly Lang instructs this course, she is President of Diversified Business Solutions, and a QuickBooks ProAdvisor with over 15 years of professional experience in all aspects of accounting. Beverly specializes in assisting businesses in merchant services, payroll and general accounting tasks using QuickBooks software. In 2011, Beverly was recognized by Intuit for Top Payroll Sales in the South Region; in 2013, Beverly was recognized by Intuit for Top Payroll sales in the entire Intuit Premier Reseller channel.