Payroll is one of the fastest-changing career fields in business today with constant changes in government rules and regulations making it difficult to keep up. Payroll 101 is designed to help familiarize participants with the basic concepts of payroll including:
- Turning on the Payroll Module and Payroll Subscription types
- Creating the types of compensation you give to your employees, such as hourly wages, salaried wages, bonuses, commissions, and tips.
- Creating the types of benefits you offer your employees such as health insurance, dental coverage, 401K retirement plans, vacation and sick leave, and flexible spending accounts.
- Setting up employees, including configuring their compensation and taxes.
- Creating tax liability accounts and schedules
- Processing payroll and tax payments
Beverly Lang instructs this course, she is President of Diversified Business Solutions, and a QuickBooks ProAdvisor with over 15 years of professional experience in all aspects of accounting. Beverly specializes in assisting businesses in merchant services, payroll and general accounting tasks using QuickBooks software. In 2011, Beverly was recognized by Intuit for Top Payroll Sales in the South Region; in 2013, Beverly was recognized by Intuit for Top Payroll sales in the entire Intuit Premier Reseller channel.