I’m a certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor who has been at SNH many times. This is my story on how the Sponsors and Exhibitors can MAXIMIZE the impact they have with QBPA’s in this exciting industry.
Having been to SNH many times, I have been amazed at how few exhibitors can really tell you what they do and why ? I literally have gone booth to booth and asking .. so what do you do and how can you help me ? To my amazement, very very few can come back with a well orchestrated answer. Believe it or not, very few of the exhibitors/sponsors who could crisply tell me what they do and why (in a way I could understand it) at past events.
"How to WOW the QBPA and Have MAXIMUM Impact of Your Investment of Being at SNH."
Remember…Who is your audience ? For starters, these professionals are accountants and “numbers” people and often need more detail than most. So remember that, and here are a few tips.
- Start simple and short… Give us your 30 second elevator pitch like we have no clue what you are saying. Keep it simple, to the point. What do you do, why do you do it, how does it create value, and why should we care. Yes.. in 30 seconds you should be able to address that. If the representative in the booth cannot do that, consider a brief training session.
- If you get asked, What do you do? NEVER go for a brochure to start. If you need a visual, hopefully in is on display. Look me in the eye, stand tall, smile and give me 30 seconds of short story. In fact, you either have my attention or I am tuning you out in about 8 seconds.
- Engage us and LISTEN. Quickly ask questions. What do we do? How might your product or service or solution create value for us? The best of you should already know the answers to these questions. The best sales people speak 30% of the time !
- Tell us a 3rd party story. Tell us how a Pro Advisor used your product to create real value with a small business owner, how it solved their pain, and made the PA look like a hero. Then ask us… would this be of value to you or your clients ? Be brief. Ask questions
- If you have to, give us a brochure ( 99% of them end up in the trash) but sometimes they do help. Some of us actually like them, since we are detailed oriented.
- Try to impart on us.. 1 take away. Why should we remember you, much less take your call, or refer you to another colleague?
- Did you come across crisply
- Did you come across like you knew us and knew how to help us
- Do you understand your product or service.. (yes, it is amazing how many of you don’t)
- Smile, be professional looking and groomed.
- Remember, we may not need your “stuff”, but we have friends who do.
- Does your website tell a good story
- Look like and act like you are enjoying us.
- Energy is a key part of the success. Be interested in us, not just what we do.
MOST OF ALL, Have Fun !!!
This is the greatest event on earth for growing in the QuickBooks ecosystem. Preparation and Attitude leads to Success !
I'll see you at Scaling New Height, New Orleans #SNH2015