Xero has announced a new integration with Google that make it even easier for accountants and businesses to stay on top of their customer relationships by integrating with Google’s Gmail platform and Google Apps for Work.
What does this mean for accountants and their small business clients? The ability to email contacts without leaving Xero, export content to Google Docs and Google Sheets, use Hangouts to collaborate with advisors and build Smart Lists for sales and marketing campaigns, just to name a few. But the benefits extend beyond the integration’s features.
- Less fragmentation = more time to focus on what matters: With single sign on and single screen capabilities, the Google-Xero integration means business owners have all the information they need at the tips of their fingers, helping them to make smarter decisions faster.
- Deeper insights yield faster growth: A centralized hub of information that can be segmented by category, including by geography and purchase history, better allows business owners to find revenue gaps and opportunities. A clearer understanding of what works and doesn’t means small business owners can create targeted sales campaigns to grow their business.
- The power of partners: Alongside Google, Xero has more than 500 other add-on partners that seamlessly integrate with the platform. This provides small business owners with deep vertical industry solutions to assist with end-to-end business management, not just their accounting needs.
Want to learn more about the integration? Read the complete press release below.
Xero’s Gmail integration takes email out of the inbox and into the accounting workflow, giving small businesses even more information about their relationships with their contacts without leaving Xero. Tighter integration with Google Apps for Work enables small businesses to export content seamlessly from Xero to Google Sheets to collaborate with customers, suppliers and financial advisors.
“Our global relationship with Google bolsters Xero as a real-time business platform for business owners,” said James Maiocco General Manager at Xero. “Our integrations provide a smarter and simpler way to manage the daily workflows associated with all aspects of their business operation.”
Available immediately for 600,000+ Xero users around the world, the Gmail integration along with the redesigned contacts page in Xero helps small business owners, accountants, and bookkeepers save time, get actionable insights, and better manage their relationships with suppliers and customers.
"Small businesses are rapidly adopting business applications in the cloud, so they can shift their focus on growing their business from managing IT," said Rahul Sood, Managing Director Google Apps for Work. "The integrations launched by Xero, built using Google Apps APIs, will help small businesses to become more efficient and secure. Users can now get a unified view of their business data and activities across Xero and Google Apps."
The latest updates build on a range of established integrations between Xero and Google's services. They include the ability to:
· Get actionable insights from a single view of your contacts’ activities: A redesigned, single-screen view of all contact activity and a redesigned cash-in graph make it easier to understand your financial relationship with any contact. A new activity-focused panel shows all transactions with that contact, helping to create actionable insights.
· Easily access the latest information about your business contact with Gmail: You can now see a live view of Gmail messages alongside other contact information, giving you a complete view of interactions with your customers or suppliers. You can initiate a new invoice or quote from a Gmail message displayed in Xero. You can save the email message itself in Xero for future reference. The integration with Gmail means you always have access to the latest information on that business relationship.
Xero - GMail Integration
· Drive new opportunities with Smart Lists: Smart Lists is now integrated with Contacts in Xero, enabling businesses to segment your contacts based on factors like location and purchase history, to find revenue gaps and opportunities. You can use that data to chase debtors, create sales campaigns, and more.
· Get the convenience of Single Sign-On (SSO): Xero users can use the convenience of using their Google Apps account to seamlessly log in to Xero.
· Find your business contacts on-the-go with Google Maps integration: Xero integrates with Google Maps on web and mobile, allowing contact details to be located on Google's leading mapping service.
Xero and GMail With Google Maps
· Take actions on your business with reports: Export Xero Reports to Google Sheets to collaborate, share and analyze.
· Enhance your social profile with Google+ promotion: Automatically display your Google+ presence on customer invoices, driving your brand and more ways for your customers to stay in touch.
Xero also supports Xero for Android used by Xero’s mobile small business owners and accounting providers globally, enabling them to create and send invoices, add receipts, and create expense claims anytime, anywhere. Xero for Android integrates with Google Maps in case users need to visit a client or send them an invoice. Xero is making it easier for small businesses to invoice their customers and capture receipts, speeding up the process for them to get paid faster.
For more information, visit www.xero.com/google.
Xero is beautiful, easy-to-use online accounting software for small businesses and their advisors. The company has over 600,000 subscribers in more than 180 countries. Xero seamlessly integrates with more than 500 third-party tools, and was ranked No. 1 by Forbes as the World's Most Innovative Growth Company in 2014 and 2015.