Anybody who works in QuickBooks Online knows you sometimes find yourself in a situation needing to toggle between company files while working. That’s been an ongoing issue in the QBO App . Intuit has addressed this short coming with the latest update, and we now have the ability to toggle between company files without signing out of the App.
Recently a client ask me for a specific account balance on their company profit and loss. At the time I was at the gas station recording my own company expenses, but instead of having to sign out of the QBO App only to sign back in to select a different company, which was previously necessary, I was able to simply toggle inside the QBO App from the drop down and choose my client's company so I could pull up the profit and loss, and even filter the date range. This allowed me to quickly rattle off the number they were asking for. Now if you don't think that made me look like an accounting pro with the answers at my fingertips in the eyes of my client, then you can't imagine how happy it made me, either.
1) To toggle between companies inside the App, click the top left corner and the drop down menu will appear next select the preferred company file.
QBO App Toggle figure 1
- Not only can you now toggle between companies while working in the QBO App, you can use the other great features of the QBO App like the ability to check bank balances, create and email invoices on the go which makes it an even more flexible tool outside the office.
- Another strong feature of the QBO App is the ability to record expenses which is one of my all-time favorite features. I love that I can quickly record expenses in two ways with the QBO App. Let me begin with the example of a client who would like to capture images of the receipts and store them in their phone to record the transaction at a later date (maybe when they are back at the office). Another example would be a client that prefers to record the transaction in the QBO App at the time of the expense so they can record all the details of that transaction. Either are valid workflow processes and capture the image of the transaction which can later be retrieved, whenever it becomes necessary to view the transaction again.
2) To add a transaction within the App, choose the + on the top right side of the screen
3) Next, select Expense
QBO App Toggle figure 2
4) To record the Expense, add the stored image, or use the camera to capture the image, then proceed to fill out the other details of the transaction such as vendor, account and amount, when you have finished, click Done.
QBO App Toggle figure 3
Many of you know I am a fan of automation, and like to resolve transaction workflow in the best, and simplest, means possible; so I say, sign me up for an App that helps me perform my tasks accurately and quickly and allows me to help my shoebox clients have up to date books.
As our accountant tools get stronger we become stronger in our abilities to become a Firm of the Future, and deliver a service that helps our clients 'stress less' because they confidently know the financial position of their company.
I highly recommend using the QuickBooks Online App.