When working in QuickBooks 2016 and trying to sync to the SDK, you can get a Com Error and/or the Web Connector and QuickBooks may crash unexpectedly.
According to the Intuit KBA*, these are the steps to repair the error:
1) Close QuickBooks (if open)
2) Locate the qbsdk.ini file by browsing to c:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks
3) Right click on QBSDK.INI (you may not see the .INI based on your settings) and click Edit (NOTE: If you can't find the file, create a new text document and name it qbsdk.ini)
4) Add the following lines:
5) Click File > Save, then close the file
6) Restart QuickBooks
7) Retry Sync
* - Source: Intuit KB ID# SLN96135 "Com Error or QuickBooks and Web Connector Crash when trying to sync in QuickBooks 2016 R1".
A big "Thank You" goes out to Karen Magno of Baystate Computing, the makers of Transaction Pro Importer for bringing this matter to our attention.