Xero has released a new split-screen multitasking feature which unlocks the real potential of mobile productivity for users running iOS9 on an iPad Air or iPad Pro. Angus Norton, Chief Product Officer & Executive Vice President at Xero, writes about this in his recent article, “4 ways mobile will completely disrupt the workforce.” In the article, Norton shares information from a Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Internet Trends report that revealed 73% of the world's population uses mobile technology; 87% of millennials always have their smartphones with them and we want everything on demand.
What does this mean to small business and how they serve their clients and access their data? Increased functionality in mobile and tablet apps is giving users more freedom, with easy access to essential tools for doing business on the move. Benefits of split-screen multitasking below.
Benefits of split-screen multitasking:
- Split-screen multitasking enables iPad users to use two apps side by side at the same time
- View an order from a customer that came through as an email side-by-side with the invoice you create in response.
- Create an expense claim with the email or PDF open next to the Xero app.
- Have help.xero.com open with the details on how to do something in Xero.
- Facetime or use online messaging with customers while sorting out their orders or with your advisor to help you on the spot while you're in the app.
- Xero’s mobile app gives users freedom, with easy access to essential tools for doing business on the move.
- 3D Touch support on iPhone 6s devices has also been updated so users can peek and pop into invoices, receipts and contacts in addition to the existing support for Quick Actions to create invoices and receipts.
It's all about convenience, accessibility and now! Are you serving your clients this way?