How do you track your mileage? More importantly, how do your clients track their mileage? I can only imagine what you've seen: A monthly log book with chicken scratch notes; a coffee
stained piece of paper or a more organized spreadsheet that looks like it may or may not have a lot of supporting documents to go along with it. Either way, you get the picture. You, and your clients, need to automate the process in order to get more efficient and better supporting documentation.
In steps MileIQ. The landing page on their website states it pretty clealy: "MileIQ remembers your drives so you don't have to." I first read about MileIQ in the Woodard Network Forum (if you are not a member of the Woodard Network, you should give it some consideration. The answers you receive in the Forum alone are worth the minimal cost of membership). Someone posted a question asking how other members tracked their mileage and MileIQ was repeated several times, so I took a look into it and was very impressed with the ease of use of the tool.
What do I like about it?
- It is very easy to use. Just download the App to your smartphone and start driving.
- You mark every drive as personal or business with a simple swipe to the left or right.
- You have one place to track your mileage, add notes and export to an excel sheet any time you want or need to.
- It allows you to drive different vehicles and track which vehicle you are in.
- You can customize the "Purposes" or reasons for your drives
- You can earn referral fee
These are the items I have learned in the short time I have used the App, but it certainly is doing what I would expect and it is doing it efficiently and effectively for my purposes. Is it right for you or your clients? Perhaps. The best way to find out is to download the App and give it a drive. There are currently three offerings:
- 40 drives per month for FREE - this is a great way to test the technology.
- Monthly subscription - $5.99
- Annual subscription - $59.99
Only you and/or your clients can decide if it is worth the cost for the paid subscriptions, but if you or your clients spend time tracking mileage, you may want to give it a shot. You can set up your account BY CLICKING HERE and you will receive a 20% discount by using this link. Once you are a user you can pass along the savings to your clients as well with your own special discount link and earn a referral fee when they upgrade to the annual plan. (In full disclosure, I will earn a referral fee if you sign up for the annual plan via the link provided).