1 of 5
Virtually 100% of the respondents to the survey call themselves ProAdvisors. 93% said they were either Advanced Certified or Certified ProAdvisors.
2 of 5
Members of our audience provide a variety of types of services to their clients. Bookkeeping, Business Consulting, Client Accounting and Payroll Services are the top categories.
3 of 5
Our audience members recommend and even wider range of products and services. Not surprisingly Accounting Software is the number 1 recommended product among our audience. Payroll (see next slide), Banking/Credit Card Processing along with Billing and Invoicing round out the top 4 categories.
4 of 5
As shown here and referenced on the previous slide, Payroll is a big category. However, Expense Management, Point of Sale, Inventory Management and Financial Management made a strong showing as well.
5 of 5
Time Tracking and Remote Access are the leaders on this slide keeping them within the top 6 categories of all products and services recommended.
I recently had the pleasure of working with the team from Dydacomp on an audience profile study in which we asked members of our audience to share information about themselves, their business and their clients. We reserved some of the questions specifically for advisors who work with retail clients so that we could get a “pulse” of that particular segment of the market.
The survey was a great success. We captured some very good data about our audience and their clients, so thank you to those who participated. Over the coming weeks we are going to share some of the results of the study with you so that you can gain some insight into the businesses of your peers and perhaps benchmark your business against of theirs.
What did we learn about the audience from the survey?
- 100% of the respondents consider themselves a ProAdvisor. 51% are Advanced Certified and 43% are Certified.
- 52% of our audience is involved in Public Accounting Serving Clients
- 15% are in accounting for a business
- 20% work in accounting technology implementation
- And 14% are involved in a variety of related businesses
- 45% of the respondents are sole proprietors while 23% consider themselves a local firm with an additional 6% considering themselves a regional firm.
- 45% have 1 accountant in the firm, 17% have 2 accounting professionals, 16% have 3-5 and 9% have 6-10.
- The top services offered are Payroll, Client Accounting, Business Consulting, Technology Implementation and Bookkeeping. Income Tax Prep and Outsourced CFO Services were not too far behind these categories of services offered.
Does this sound like you and your business? If so, you’re in good company! If not, you’re a trailblazer and we’re glad to have you as part of our audience.
Stay tuned for more insights.