I recently had the opportunity to catch up with Jan Haugo of ICB USA to learn a little more about the organization, its purpose, where you can find them and her goals for the bookkeeping community in the US.
IA: What is ICB?
JH: ICB USA is the newest member of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers, the largest
non-profit professional organization for bookkeepers in the world.
IA: When was the ICB founded?
JH: ICB was established in the UK in 1996, and has since grown to more than 150,000 members in 110 countries around the world. Our USA offices have just launched this year as the baby of the ICB family.
IA: What is the purpose of ICB?
JH: ICB’s focus is on promoting the importance of the bookkeeper profession, as well as providing education standards, community and support, tailored specifically to what a modern bookkeeper needs for success. IA: What does it cost to be a member?
JH: Price varies $75-$540 per year depending on level of membership.
IA: What are the benefits of membership?
JH: Being a member of ICB USA has many benefits, among them:
- Be part of the world’s largest bookkeeper community- social groups, forums, events
- Keep in the know with webinars and partner content, as well as daily news updates
- Prices include the cost of online exams required to reach next level
- Technology certification
- Career guidance and support
- Business templates and white papers
- Use of ICB logo and designatory letters after name upon certification
- Access to resources for business expansion outside of the US
- And many more! See www.icbusa.org/membership/benefits for more details
IA: Who is the primary point of contact?
JH: That would be me. I am the CEO of ICB USA.
IA: Will ICB be exhibiting at any events this year?
JH: ICB USA is very excited to be exhibiting at Scaling New Heights 2016! More exhibition spots are in the pipeline and will be announced on our website.
IA: Where can our readers learn more about ICB?
JH: On our website at www.icbusa.org
IA: What will you be doing at Scaling New Heights?
JH: As well as exhibiting during the conference, ICB USA will be hosting its first ever Bookkeeper Symposium on Tuesday May 24 at 18.30 at the Atlantis Resort. Come along to hear from a panel of ICB members and thought leaders, and to learn more about the ICB community and how we can help you and your business.
How do our audience members track you down if they want to learn more about ICB USA?