Users are reporting that they are unable to export reports to Excel after updating to Maintenance Release 5 for QuickBooks 2014 or Enterprise 14. When they click the Export button they are not seeing the export to Excel option appear for some reports. While some users are reporting that the problem is transient, it seems to be common when attempting to export transaction journals or aging reports; however you may experience it with other reports, off-n-on.
Intuit technical support is aware of this problem and has issued a support article that outlines the following steps for a 'patch':
Perform a ULIP (Ultra Light Patch) in QuickBooks 2014:
- Inside of QuickBooks 2014, go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks.
- Click on the Update Now tab.
- Scroll down and make sure Critical Fixes is selected (you should not be able to uncheck it, but just to be sure it is selected).
- Click Get Updates.
- When the update is complete, close the Update QuickBooks window, then close the program (QuickBooks must be closed completely and not running in the background).
- Re-open the program and the issue should now be resolved.
(Support article Note: If the steps do not resolve the export to Excel issue, you will need to reboot your computer to ensure QB is not running in the background, then try again.)*
If you are experiencing this 'new bug' resulting from the R5 maintenance release, you probably want to go ahead and incorporate this Ultra Light Patch into your version.
Best of luck,
* - Source- Intuit QuickBooks technical support: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/SLN83589