Intuit Online Document Storage ends July 31, 2013, take steps now to avoid the loss of your stored documents.
Users of "QuickBooks Attached Documents" in QuickBooks 2011 or newer who store their documents online, will not be able to access their online storage after July 31, 2013.
Because QuickBooks Document Management has transitioned from a service with the option of online storage to an integrated feature in QuickBooks with local storage only, the online document center is being shut down.
After July 31, 2013 you will not be able to access or use the Online Document Center. If you currently store documents online, you should move them to local storage by or before July 31, 2013. You have the following options:
- If you don't use Attached Documents or you use it but don't store your documents online, you don't need to do anything.
- If have documents stored online but you don’t need access to them, then you don’t need to do anything. Just remember that after July 31, 2013 you will not be able to access any documents you previously stored online. If you have attached these documents to any QuiickBooks items, those attachments will not work after July 31, 2013.
- If you want to continue to use the documents currently stored online, you can download your current documents before July 31 using one of the following methods:
If you have less than 20 documents stored online, follow these steps to download your documents:
- Go to http://appcenter.intuit.com
- Sign in to your account.
- Open Attached Documents.
- Choose to All Documents.
- Select the document you want to download, then click the Actions drop-down.
- Click Download, then choose the location on your system to save your file and click Save.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each document you wish to download.
If you have more than 20 documents stored online, follow these steps to use the download tool:
- Sign out of Doc Center from within QuickBooks.
- Click here to download the tool and save it to your desktop.
- Run the AttacnedDocumentsDISCO_QADDownloadTool file. Note: If prompted by your security software, select Allow this file
- Check the Confirm... box, then click Continue
- Enter your Username and Password for QuickBooks Document Management (Intuit App Center), then click Sign-In.
- Click Browse, then select the folder where your company file is located.
- Select the Business Name name that matches the company file you selected. The Business name may look like random characters but can be seen in the url of the Doc Center that you opened in the previous steps. (Example: https://appcenter.intuit.com/app/bd3g6e27u)
- Click Download.
- You can click the Console tab to monitor the logs for any errors.
Users of QuickBooks Attached 'online' storage need to take action in order to avoid the loss of documents stored at the Intuit Online Document Center, July 31, 2013 is the deadline to download your documents!