Intuit has issued 'release updates' to both QuickBooks 2011 and 2012.
For 2012 product users (Pro, Premier or Enterprise), maintenance update R14 provides the following:
- Accountant's Copy - Updated where the Accountant’s Copy connects to for the following functions: “Send to Accountant…”, "View/Export Changes for Client...", and "Import Accountant's Changes from Web"
- File Operations - Company address and Payroll Liability Adjustments are no longer missing when exporting data to QuickBooks Online.
- Product Version Upgrade Functionality - One-click in-product version upgrade is a mechanism aimed at enhancing the customer experience by providing a fast and easy way to upgrade to a newer version of QuickBooks from in-product. Benefits of one-click are two-fold - a) deliver a silent download of the software locally to users machines, and b) reduce the number of steps required for purchase and installation.
- Payroll Functionality - QuickBooks will no longer incorrectly warn users there are paychecks to send.
For 2011 QuickBooks product users, maintenance update R13 providing:
- Accountant's Copy - Updates where the Accountant’s Copy is being sent to when the client selects the option to “Send to Accountant…”
At the time of this posting, both of these updates, R14 for QuickBooks 2012, and R13 for QuickBooks 2011, are available for 'manual update' only; Intuit will likely push these releases out for 'automatic update' within a week, unless problems are reported.
In light of the recent events regarding the QuickBooks 2013 R7 maintenance update, my recommendation would be that both 2011 or 2012 users should "hold off" updating to these most current maintenance for at least a couple of weeks.