While it is not uncommon for QuickBooks versions to have "bugs", the number of such glitches with Release Updates has (with just a few notable exceptions) tends to be minimal, but apparently that is NOT the case with Release 6 for QuickBooks 2014. Intuit withdrew the R6 update apparently after Technical Support began receiving a large number of reports of user issues.
Release 6 was issued to 'manual update' a little over a week ago, and rolled out to 'automatic update' within the last couple of days and it was only after users began receiving these updates that a variety of problems started being noticed. After installing Release 6 for QuickBooks 2014 or Enterprise Solutions v14, you may see the error "QuickBooks has stopped working" when opening your company file. In order to resolve this situation, Intuit recommends 2 solutions. The first solution may solve your problem, or you may need to try solution 2 to resolve the issue.Be sure to perform the solutions in the order, only performing solution 2 if solution 1 does not resolve your problem.
Solution 1: Reset QuickBooks Updates
- Make sure QuickBooks is closed.
- You will need to be on the No Company Open Screen:
- Open QuickBooks with the CTRL key held down (as QuickBooks is opening). If your file opens to the login screen, click Cancel to return you to the No Company Open screen.
- From the No Company Open screen, choose the Help menu, Update QuickBooks, and click on the Update Now tab.
- Check the Reset Update box and click Get Updates.
- Once the update is complete, close QuickBooks and re-open it.
Solution 2: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks 2014. If you are unclear how to do this consult this website.
There seem to be additional problems emerging with Release 6, we will strive to keep you informed as Intuit makes the information known to us.