If you process payroll using QuickBooks, and you use any of the Intuit Payroll service functions, you need to be aware of the upcoming holiday and how that may impact your payroll schedule. To adjust your payroll timeline for the Columbus Day holiday, you may need to transmit payroll earlier than usual in order to insure that employee payments are made by their due date and to insure compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If your normal paycheck date is on Monday 10/14/13, you should:
- Change your paycheck date for your direct deposit employees to Friday, 10/11/13.
- Transmit your payroll data (for payroll processing and/or direct deposit) according to these dates/times based upon your subscription:
- For Do-It-Yourself Payroll (Enhanced, Basic, Standard) and Assisted Payroll – by 5 p.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday, 10/9/13.
- Intuit Online Payroll and QuickBooks Online Payroll - by 5 p.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday, 10/9/13.
- Intuit Full Service Payroll - by 3 p.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday, 10/9/13.
If your normal paycheck date is on Friday 10/11/13, you should follow the above schedule as well.
If your normal paycheck date is on Tuesday 10/15/13, you should transmit your payroll data on 10/10/2013.